Saturday, May 15, 2010

Planting the Seed...

Prompted by an awareness created when I participated in the "No Impact Experiment" last October, I have somewhat jumped off the "Green" bandwagon and moved over to the local food arena. It isn't that I no longer participate in recycling or reducing my consumption, just that I have changed my emphasis a bit.

Because I found the food portion of the "No Impact Experiment" to be the most challenging and as I wrote about my difficulties here, I came to the conclusion that changes in how I ate had the potential to make the biggest ecological difference of any. As I thought about the costs of food production, transportation, and packaging, I realized that changing what I put in my mouth, could make a bigger impact than how much paper I recycled or how low I set my thermostat. Essentially, making wise food choices could make me live an even greener lifestyle.

This new blog of mine explores my journey into what I discover as I began to read about our current food system. What's broken and what may heal that brokenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment